Dr. Hovey's New Book

The book The Hermeneutics of Tradition: Explorations and Examinations has just been published by Cascade books. Co-edited by AU religion professor Craig Hovey and the University of Scranton's Cyrus P. Olsen, The Hermeneutics of Tradition "presents the latest scholarship on tradition as a concept and reality in the development of Christian cultures."

Aristotle Papanikolaou, Professor of Theology at the Orthodox Christian Studies Center in New York gives the volume a glowing review:
In an age caught between the two poles, hypertheism and overhumanization, The Hermeneutics of Tradition offers fresh alternatives for negotiating the ambiguities of the texts, rituals, and symbols of the Christian tradition through the tradition. This collection of essays demonstrates that there is no such thing as traditionless existence, which entails being grounded in the certitude and stability of the truth claims and meaning of the Christian tradition while simultaneously being active interpreters toward yet undiscovered answers to old and new questions. A timely book with rich resources for how to think and live the Christian tradition.

12 comments:

  1. I hope I can see more posts.Please update more posts. I usually read them. Thank you very much. best autoketing, https://autoketing.com/project/sale-pop-master
    https://bit.ly/2QslLr4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, thanks for sharing this article post.Really thank you! Keep writing.I loved your blog post.Thanks Again. Grea
    App Shipping Bar Master , shipping bar app , autoketing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here. Thanks for sharing us a great information that is actually helpful. Good day
    currency converter app for you , currency converter box by autoketing , autoketing

    ReplyDelete
  4. .Much thanks again.Thanks again for the website article.Much thanks again. Awesome.Im obliged for the blog.Thanks Again. Significantly obliged.Really enjoy you discussing this article post
    best email app for business , email with love free, autoketing

    ReplyDelete
  5. The most intresting content on this fascinating subject that can be found on the net
    friv10games club online games, kizi-2018 for kids, gogy xyz unblocked

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the type of information I’ve long been trying to find. Thank you for writing this information.
    madalin stunt cars 2 , the world cup soccer 2018 , geometry jump club free games ,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good website! I truly love how it is easy on my eyes it is. I am wondering how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your RSS which may do the trick? Have a great day!
    moto x3m 3 for girls , funny differences unblocked games , wheely 8 online ,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for posting themThese articles are exactly what I need.They are my cup of tea. I hope you will add more posts
    rally point 6 unblocked games , pixel escapeonline games , climber online for girls ,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Though when i received with your world-wide-web wood even so putting understanding just a bit hint submits. Pleasant technique for likely, I am book-marking on a time uncover designs consider spgs technique in place
    cars simulator games to play , nighty knight games to play , fnaf world games ,

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the humor your post has offered. I enjoyed this site a lot. Keep posting article like this. It is fun. Nice photography too!
    miniclip games for free, a10 free, Jogo para menino

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey what a brilliant post I have come across and believe me I have been searching out for this similar kind of post for past a week and hardly came across this. Thank you very much and will look for more postings from you 2player best free online games
    friv Games to play
    io jogos for school

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. learn about the stock market

    ReplyDelete