#BlackLivesMatter and Theology in St. Louis

Dr. Peter Slade will be a speaker at Covenant Theological Seminary in St. Louis for its City Ministry Spring Conference. This year’s theme is “Welcome One Another: Racial Identity in Christ.”

An article on the conference in the online magazine of the Presbyterian Church in America explains:
Greg Perry, associate professor of New Testament, and Dean of Students Mike Higgins are organizing the conference, and this year’s theme stems from events less than 17 miles away in Ferguson, Missouri. In the aftermath of the shooting of Michael Brown and the protests the teen’s death sparked, Higgins and Perry worked to foster conversations between white and black Christians.
Dr. Slade said, "I am  humbled to be invited and excited to attend the conference." He will be giving two lectures, "Holistic Discipleship: John Perkins, African American Missionary to the White Evangelical Church" and "A Theology of Intercultural Congregational Singing."

To find out more about the conference click on this link


Participants in the Mourning March, St. Louis, April 4, 2015. photo: Steve Pavey

11 comments:

  1. The writing work is remarkable, and I am so pleased that you were able to share this article here.Thanks a million. I am waiting new posts.
    autoketing.com, https://bit.ly/2QslLr4
    https://autoketing.com/project/sale-pop-master

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want many of the reviews, Choose truly loved, We would like addiitional info over it, since it is actually fairly superb., Relation simply for saying\
    Shipping Bar for Shopify , Free shipping bar , autoketing

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is highly informatics. crisp and clear. I think that everything has been described in systematic manner so that reader could get maximum information and learn many things.
    currency converter portable , currency converter app , autoketing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome report post.Much thanks again. Much obliged.I enjoy you discussing this blog
    professional email sign offs , email app download for marketing, autoketing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess you are a smart cookie because of your knowledge and insight.They are really good for everyone. I want to send a thank to you
    friv10games club play now, kizi-2018 Games to play, gogy xyz games online

    ReplyDelete
  6. First You got a great blog .I will be interested in more similar topics. i see you got really very useful topics , i will be always checking your blog thanks.
    madalin stunt cars 2 club play now , the world cup soccer 2018 club online , geometry jump club online games ,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good website! I truly love how it is easy on my eyes it is. I am wondering how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your RSS which may do the trick? Have a great day!
    moto x3m 3 online , funny differences best online games , wheely 8 games to play ,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for posting themThese articles are exactly what I need.They are my cup of tea. I hope you will add more posts
    game rally point 6 , pixel escape online online , climber online free ,

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the humor your post has offered. I enjoyed this site a lot. Keep posting article like this. It is fun. Nice photography too!
    miniclip games for girls, a10 for free, Jogo 2019

    ReplyDelete


  10. food games 2019 online
    basketball games 2019
    soccer games free
    Thank you for posting themThese articles are exactly what I need.They are my cup of tea. I hope you will add more posts

    ReplyDelete
  11. the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work free online juegos games
    io jogos
    2 player games for girl

    ReplyDelete