Lived Theology and Radical Christians

Howard Kester (right), with STFU leaders in 1935
AU religion prof Peter Slade is involved in a two-year collaborative project with 12 other scholars to produce a single volume entitled Can I Get a Witness? Stories of Radical Christians in the U.S., 1900-2014.

Each chapter will be a theological narrative of the life of a scholar, activist, layperson, or religious leader whose lived theology produced and inspired social justice in the United States. "I am writing about Howard Kester," Slade explains. "He was radical Christian working for racial justice and labor rights in the South during the 1920s and 30s. What was not widely known during his lifetime was that he was an undercover investigator of lynchings for the NAACP." Other chapters will include William J. Seymour, Dorothy Day, Ella Baker, William Stringfellow, Yuri Kochiyama, and Richard Twiss. (learn more here)

This project is part of the Project on Lived Theology based at the University of Virginia. Peter Slade has been involved with the project for sixteen years. He is featured in this short documentary explaining the work and vision of the project.

11 comments:

  1. I don’t even know the way I finished up here, however I assumed this put up was once good. I wait for new articles. They have lots of knowledge and tips.
    app autoketing, https://apps.shopify.com/sales-pop-master
    https://bit.ly/2y8RMwK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the post..I am looking forward on your next post, I’ll attempt to get the hang of it! Thanks for sharing.
    Free shipping bar APP, App Shipping Bar Master 2018, autoketing

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I have spare time, I often read your posts. thank you a ton for sharing your knowledge! The writing work is remarkable, and I am so pleased that you were able to share this article here.
    currency converter box free. , currency converter box app , autoketing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to we appreciate you this passion you cash in on throughout establishing the next few paragraphs. A debt of gratitude is in order for the post.
    email with love free app , professional email sign offs , autoketing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm flawed to reveal this page. I really appreciate for this great information.Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. Cheers for sharing with us your wonderful blog.
    friv10games club girl, kizi-2018 games free online, juegos gogy xyz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would also motivate just about every person to save this web page for any favorite assistance to assist posted the appearance.
    madalin stunt cars 2 club game free , the world cup soccer 2018 club 2 player , geometry jump club Games to play ,

    ReplyDelete
  7. I added it to my favorites blog site list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my site as well and let me know what you thinkmoto x3m 3 games to play , funny differences games to play , wheely 8 games ,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!
    game mr dubstep , moto x3m 4 winter free , santa claus jump best online games ,

    ReplyDelete


  9. food games 2019
    basketball games
    soccer games 2019
    I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. friv free online juegos
    2player games for kids
    io jogos 2019
    i like your post and all you share with us is uptodate and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mellowed by this profound knowledge of letting go, middle-aged love is less arrogant,more abject and more philosophical. Unlike in the first flush of youth when love is at the very first sight and its demise is at the very first slight, love, if it at all happens at this age, is rather with a philosophical construct, than with a person.
    free games online 2019
    jogos friv gratis
    jogos online 360

    ReplyDelete