The Don Rinehart Lecture in Practical Theology

"The Virtues of a Christian Teacher"

Dr. Wesley Null


7:30 pm, Wednesday. Oct. 11, 2017, Miller Chapel

(Free and open to the public)


What virtues are most foundational to Christian teaching?  What about teacher educators and those who make decisions about teacher education curriculum?  What virtues should they uphold?

The College of Education and the Department of Religion at Ashland University are delighted to announce that Dr. Wesley Null, Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education and Professor of Curriculum at Baylor University in Texas, is to give the second annual Don Rinehart Lecture in Practical Theology.
In his lecture, Dr. Null will draw upon his background as a K-12 teacher, teacher educator, educational historian, and university administrator to discuss these and related questions that are at the heart of private and public K-12 schools and universities today.

Dr. Wesley Null is the author of Curriculum: From Theory to Practice, 1st & 2nd eds. (2011, 2017 Rowman & Littlefield).  As a former middle school teacher and teacher educator, Dr. Null has worked closely with curriculum development and the preparation of future teachers. He draws on his love of history and philosophy as well as his deep Christian faith to explore the challenges educators face today. He works with schools and universities alike to focus on their sense of mission as they reimagine their curriculum and the impact they have within their communities.

Dr. Donna Breault, dean of the College of Education said, “I am thrilled that our Ashland community has the opportunity to learn from Dr. Null. Wes has been influential in K-12 and postsecondary institutions with his curriculum framework and with the many ways he draws lessons from history to inform educators today.”


The Don Rinehart Lecture in Practical Theology is an annual endowed public lecture honoring the memory and continuing the work of Dr. Don Rinehart who, in his 46 years of teaching at Ashland, inspired generations of students. Dr. Peter Slade, chair of the Religion Department said “We are delighted that Dr. Null agreed to give the Rinehart Lecture. The way he integrates his faith and vocation as a Christian educator chimes with Don Rinehart’s legacy here at Ashland.”  

13 comments:

  1. Thank you for your sharing articles. I want to send a thank to you.Your posts can help me more and more in the future. Once again thank you.
    https://autoketing.com/project/sale-pop-master
    https://bit.ly/2QslLr4 , autoketing.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. shipping bar app free , Free shipping bar , autoketing
    You actually make it appear really easy with your presentation however I in finding this topic to be really one thing which I think I would by no means understand.I love putting together useful information, this particular publish has got me personally a lot more info

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow i can say that this is another great article as expected of this blog.Bookmarked this site..
    email with love online , email marketing , autoketing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was very surprised with this post, the writer really impressed me and helped me understand many things needed, I need to acquire it and change to be able to succeed in life, thanks a lot
    friv10games club girl, kizi-2018 games free online, juegos gogy xyz

    ReplyDelete

  5. such an interesting article here.I was searching for something like that for quite a long time and at last I have found it here.
    madalin stunt cars 2 club 2 player , juegos the world cup soccer 2018 club , geometry jump club free online ,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business
    moto x3m 3 games to play , funny differences games to play , wheely 8 games ,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you can write more posts. I like them very much. To me, they really help me sometimes. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
    play Battle for the Galaxy Break The Cup online game best game Rapunzel Fashionista Busy Day

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good day. I discovered your online journal utilizing msn.I’d choose to make use of some with the content on my blog whether or not you don’t mind.Magnificent work.I trust you would not have reservations if I placed a link here?
    Blocky Craft Police Squad game online Mommy Elsa Baby Caring online game Tomb Runner best online game

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an awesome article, Given such an extraordinary measure of data in it, These sort of articles keeps the customers excitement for the site, and keep sharing more ... favorable circumstances.
    mr dubstep best online games , moto x3m 4 winter online , santa claus jumpfor girls ,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you very much for writing such an interesting article on this topic. This has really made me think and I hope to read more
    cars simulator punblocked games , nighty knight for girls , fnaf world free ,

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, great, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated.
    miniclip unblocked, a10 games 2019, Jogo quente 2019

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like what I see so i am just following you. Look forward to checking out your web page repeatedly. 2player free
    friv Games play
    jogos io online

    ReplyDelete