"Last Lecture": Love Over Fear

Rev Seth Wispelwey was the guest speaker at this year's "Last Lecture" on April 18. The "Last Lecture" is an invitation for a speaker to address the graduating class of Religion majors as if it were their last time to do so.


Wispelwey is a grassroots organizer, educator, nonprofit consultant, and pastor. He works for Restoration Village Arts in Charlottesville, Va. An ordained minister with the United Church of Christ, Seth holds a Bachelor’s degree from the University of Virginia and a Master’s in Pastoral Ministry from Boston College. In July 2017, Seth was one of the organizers of Congregate C'ville, which issued a call for clergy and faith leaders to come to Charlottesville to confront the national white supremacist rally that was held in the city on August 12. Peter Slade, chair of the religion department, said, "We believe Seth will have an important message for our students and his life experience will connect with their own. His commitment to nonviolence resonates with our Brethren heritage here at Ashland University."

For more on Seth Wispelwey and the movement of clergy in Charlottesville, read this article published by the World Council of Churches. 



11 comments:

  1. When I need a piece of advice, I will find your posts and read them. To me, they are very useful. I can make use of advice to resolve my problems. Sometimes, I read articles to learn new knowledge. I hope I will add more posts. Thank you so much.
    gói cước VD300 VinaPhone, Gói cước MAXSV2 VinaPhone, 3G VinaPhone theo ngày

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reverse osmosis equipment: This is the most important equipment that determines the quality of finished water. Here under the effect of osmosis pressure (created by high pressure pump) reverse osmosis membrane removes metal ions in water and simultaneously treats up to 90% of bacteria in water. Make high purity water. The finished water quality depends on the osmotic pressure and water quality after passing through pre-treatment equipment. The RO membrane is the most effective and the highest quality when the water passes through the membrane must meet the following requirements
    gái gọi Cầu Giấy, Xuân Thủy, gai goi, gái gọi hà nội, gái gọi sinh viên

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here keep up the good work Product discount master
    Discount master by autoketing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to search and research my problem and see this web site, it really attracts me because a lot of useful information for everyone, I will often visit this site.
    https://bit.ly/2y8RMwK , https://bit.ly/2QslLr4, autoketing

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a good source of information, people should know more about this site, share it with others, I would like to discuss it too, thank you for posting this post. This really helps a lot.
    Shipping Bar for Shopify, shopify app free shipping bar, autoketing

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, i am really surprised with the idea of ??the article, it turned out long ago I and a lot of people have misunderstood about the issue, maybe I should visit it often.
    autoketing
    currency converter box free online
    currency converter app

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oak is a common household textural product used in western countries with good resistance to termites as well as high durability and fine lines. It brings elegance and elegance to any oak cabinets. The nature of the oak is white and is a high-grade wood with many outstanding features and lines are extremely elegant to create warm space in winter and cool in summer.
    Gái gọi Hoàng Quốc Việt, Gái gọi sinh viên Hà Nội, ảnh sex, Gái gọi Xã Đàn, Đống Đa, Gái gọi Gia Lâm

    ReplyDelete
  8. It would be nice if a lot of people discuss this article together, it has a lot of different aspects and I think everyone will have a new way of approaching it.
    facebook support chat, facebook messenger online, best autoketing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website.
    friv 4 online
    abcya xyz free
    friv 2017

    ReplyDelete

  10. Hey – great blog, just looking around some blogs, seems a really nice platform you are using. I'm currently using WordPress for a few of my blogs but looking to change one of them over to a platform similar to yours as a trial run. Anything in particular you would recommend about it?jogos friv gratis 2019
    Jogos 2019
    jogos friv

    ReplyDelete